FOT-Net organised Second International Workshop
The Workshop was held in Stockholm on 21 September 2009 (before the Opening Ceremony of the ITS World Congress)
About International Workshops
FOT-Net is a support action funded by the European Commission to network Field Operational Test activities at European, national and international level. The FOT-Net members already met in New York for their first international workshop, to identify working items addressing common experiences and problems relevant for the international FOT community. These international meetings gather representatives of the public and private sectors directly or indirectly involved in the results of the FOT activities at international level.
In order to report on the latest progress about international cooperation for Field Operational Test activities and foster further cooperation with North America and Japan, FOT-Net had planned a Second International FOT Workshop.
When? On Monday morning, 21 September 2009, before the Opening Ceremony of the ITS World Congress
Where? At the ITS World Congress in Stockholmsmässan, Sweden
What? Topics of discussion included:
- Methodologies: Commonalities and differences across the regions
- Comparison of results: How to make sure Field Operational Test results and data are comparable? Should we synchronise research questions and performance indicators? Are the research questions similar?
- Data exchange: Relevance and willingness to establish a data exchange platform.
- Deployment issues: How to accelerate deployment after a Field Operational Test? What are the decision criteria leading to Policy or market driven deployment? Is there a need for concrete examples and eventually best practices?
- A detailed agenda will be available in due time.
For more information about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.